Coming Soon: Beating The Wrap

 

“I’m helping. Collecting clues. Gathering evidence. It makes your job easier. You just said you liked that.”


Title: Beating the Wrap

Author: Julie Anne Lindsey

Publication: 11/15/2021

Genre: Cozy Mystery

My Rating: Really enjoyed it

 

Series background: Book 3 in the Bonnie & Clyde Mysteries featuring boutique owner, and amateur sleuth, Bonnie and her kitty companion Clyde.

 

In short: Bonnie is one of the main suspects in the murder of Joe Fryer, a neighboring shop owner. They recently had a very public confrontation about Joe’s negative comments left in the Gift of Gratitude box and the missing hand carved wood pieces that Clyde seems to be stealing.

 

What to expect:

*Heroine in her late 30s.

*Fall and Thanksgiving setting

*Great sleuthing & progressions with the plot including several red herrings to keep you guessing

*Start of a romance with the Sheriff

 

My thoughts: This was the first book in this series that I have read and I am in love with these characters and the town of Bliss, Georgia. (Sidenote…I actually grew up in the town of Bliss, Idaho). While reading this series in order will help the reader get to know the character’s better this can easily be read as a stand-alone.

 

Bonnie is a great character and sleuth who immediately starts to investigate the crime to clear her name, even if it gets her in trouble with Sheriff Wright. The antics that her and her friend Gigi got into had me laughing as times & worried for their sanity. These characters, along with a very mischievous cat, Bonnie’s parents and Mason (the sheriff) are what truly stood out for me. They already feel like friends and I will keep coming back to this series to get caught up with them.


Thank you Julie Anne Lindsey for providing me with an early copy of this book. 


If you enjoy this series I also highly recommend her other series A Cider Shop Mystery and The Seaside Cafe Mysteries under the name Bree Baker. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Murder is a Piece of Cake

Author Interview: Frank Anthony Polito

Conflicting thoughts….