The Stowaway

  


Title: The Stowaway

Authors: James Murray & Darren Wearmouth

Narrator: Barrie Kreinik

Publication: 9/21/21

Genre: Suspense, Thriller

My Rating: 

 

In Short: A serial killer goes free due to 1 deciding vote and Maria took the blame publicly to stop the harassment all jurors were experiencing Now, a year later, she’s on a cruise and is certain that serial killer is on it too and he’s not done.

 

My thoughts: I really enjoyed this book, especially the audiobook. It was fast paced and suspenseful with a few twists I didn’t see coming, especially the ending. The setting of this book, a cruise ship, really helped build the suspense as the crew, with Maria’s help, tried to determine if it really was the same serial killer or a copycat. I can’t imagine being on a cruise when murders start happening. Talk about get me out of here!

 

The Audiobook: This book was fantastic on audio! I loved the narrator, he keep me captivated, had great pacing and really contributed to the build of suspense and tension as the story escalated. An extra bonus to the audiobook was an interview with he authors at the end that talked more about the book and their writing process.

 

Content warning: There are parts of this book that are very dark and graphic, including violence against children.


Thank you NetGalley, St Martin’s Press and Macmillan audio for gifted early copies of this book and audiobook. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Murder is a Piece of Cake

Author Interview: Frank Anthony Polito

Conflicting thoughts….