Book Review: The Moonshine Shack Murder


 

πŸ“šBook ReviewπŸ“š


Title: The Moonshine Shack Murder

Author: Diane Kelly

Publication: 7/6/2021

Genre: Cozy Mystery 

My Thoughts: Loved it! 


My cousin has been raving about this book for months so I finally took her recommendation and read it. So glad I did too as it was a fantastic start to a new series. 


In short: Hattie Hayes is getting ready for the grand opening of the Moonshine Shack. The day after a public disagreement with the owner of the bar across the street he is found dead in front of Hattie’s shop. 


What to expect:

πŸ”Ž Chattanooga, TB setting

πŸ” Strong family history in the moonshine business 

πŸ”ŽGreat characters including Hattie’s grandfather & mounted police officer Marlon Landers

πŸ” Amateur sleuthing, multiple suspects and an interesting motive. 


My thoughts: I am so glad I listened to my cousin and read this book, it was so good!

It had everything I love in a cozy mystery: great characters & setting, a hint of romance, laugh out loud scenes, learn something (who knew there were so many varieties of moonshine) and sleuthing that keeps me guessing at the motive. 


If you enjoyed the Sloane Krause series by Ellie Alexander or the Colorado Wine Mysteries by Kate Lansing you’ll enjoy this one too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Murder is a Piece of Cake

Author Interview: Frank Anthony Polito

Conflicting thoughts….